GPS devices make life easy. No wonder these are the go-to options for many, owing to the series of outstanding and smart features they offer. However, at times, due to technical glitches, which are part and parcel of technology, your entire GPS can hang. If you have encountered such an issue, then you can understand how it feels when your GPS denies showing you the right path in the middle of the road. However, when you have a GPS from the house of GPS, you can take a sigh of relief because resetting a GPS is easy and quick! Here is how you can reset your GPS.
There are two processes of resetting GPS –
GPS Device – Soft Reset Process
In order to go ahead with the soft reset, follow the steps given below –
- Put on the power button of your GPS device and turn in on.
- Now release the same until the device releases.
- Your GPS unit will restart afresh while removing all the temporary glitches.
GPS Device – Hard Reset Process
In order to do the hard reset, follow the below-mentioned steps –
- Remove all the connections attached to your Device, the power cable, as well.
- Now, look for a tiny button on the backside of the device.
- Once you find it, press the same with the help of a pointed object. Make sure not to release that tiny button until your unit reboots.
- Now, release the button and wait for the GPS device to restart.
- After the system restarts, let it initialize and go back to the factory settings, and the hard reset is done.
An important note to remember – Performing a hard reset will delete all your saved data. So, be careful with this and go for a hard reset only after seeking professional help.